So now it's the second day of my new project and there are more things to do that I have exspected.
These are the problems:
- There no on site customer in sight
- From the four people assigned to my project three are still working on the old product
People are new to
- Visual Studio 2005 (so they do not know about ReSharper or ViEmu)
- Design Patterns
- Source control
- Automated builds
- Continuous Integration
- OO programming
- Domain Driven Design (well, I didn't dare to ask)
- Automated developer tests
- Automated acceptance tests
- IoC and containers
- Layered architectures
I could extend the list even more. This seems daunting. Every bit of knowledge I took for granted in my old project is just not there. So I have to start from scratch
Enough complaints. Here are the things I plan to get the team started.
- Quick intro into VS 2005
- Hands on: How to write Hello World in C#
- Hands on: Hello World 2007: Greeting is comming from a ClassLibrary
- Wrap up References: Binary, Project, COM, WebServices
- C# 1 - Types: Classes, Interfaces, Enums, Structs || Value Types -- Reference Types || Build in Value Types
- C# 2 - Statements: method call, if..else, Nested if statements, switch statment, goto, while loop, do..while loop, for loop, continue and break, block statement.
- C# 3 - Operators: Assignment, +-*/, %, += -= *= /= %=, Prefix and Postfix ++ --, Relational == < <= > >= !=, Logical && || !, Short Circuit Evaluation, Ternary Operator ? :, Precedence of Operators
to be continued later...